Worldwide freight transport has a detrimental impact on our planet so the need for businesses to be environmentally aware and responsible is critical. We are committed to the continuous review of the measures we take to minimise our impact and these measures include:
Within our office environments:
- Operating, as far as possible, a paperless office environment:
- Networked operations software allowing multi-office environment with electronic storage of job files/documents.
- Sending invoices by email where accepted and processing all incoming supplier invoices in the same way.
- Store and send CMRs/PODs electronically.
- Shred and recycle sensitive hard-copy documents.
- Email footer asking whether you need to print the email as a reminder to staff and external partners.
- Office electrical items turned off when not in use.
- Recycling bins both internally and externally.
- Energy efficient lighting.
- Purchase supplies from sustainable local sources where possible.
- Choosing low-emission vehicles for business use.
- Utilising Euro 4 (and above) specification vehicles for freight transport where possible.
- Offering consolidated options as well as dedicated to minimise vehicles moving with empty space.
Whilst these measures are reviewed regularly, we encourage all stakeholders to bring new ideas to our attention and will act on these where practical/possible.